Friday, January 20, 2012

Pictures!

so finally I bring to you my loyal few, pictures of my lates crafty works.

first up is the afghan I'm currently working on for my friend Beffie...she picked out the colors from my stash of Styleknit DK from England.
it's done in a simple granny ripple pattern that works up fairly quickly, this pic shows the afghan about a third of the way completed.

Next up are some pics of a shawl and cowl that I did for my SCA bestie Bonnie for Christmas.  Both of these I did over the course of one weekend...talk about speed crocheting!...whew!@.@

The shawl was done in a lovely boucle type thick yarn in shades of blues, greens and blacks for a really pretty look.
 
It worked up really fast and the edging I sorta created on the fly and just made up, it added a really cute scalloped ruffly edge to the shawl

The cowl I did in a more vibrant color patter, I saw this yarn and it called to me and its vibrant beauty reminded me of Bonnie.
I know it looks sorta mundane here, laid flat on the table, but it really is a very pretty pattern and cowl.  I made it extra wide so she could wear it up over her ears on cold days.

Here are a couple of pics of Bonnie modeling her goodies.


Best of all, she loved both pieces and thats really the greatest gift a person cna ask for is that your gift from the heart is appreciated and loved.

let me know what y'all think of the projects!

Musey

No comments: