Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Craftys!

So I ecently ahve become involved with the SCA, [The Society for Creative Anachronism] and Ive noticed at events that while the fighters and archers are all busy with things to do, those of us with no fighting skills are somewhat out of luck and left to our own devices as I've yet to see anyone teach an art or crafty class.
Being the type to be bored easily, I ahve taken in upon myself to find and learn new craft ideas that would be appropriate for the era.

While crochet is technically a bit too modern, I dont care, I do it anyway...Im not entering the item into competition, I simply want things to do.

I've also located some new things to learn and try such as rope coil baskets and peg loom and stick weaving, as well as sprang work and hoop weaving.

By golly, if no one else will teach new things I'll learn on my own and at least me and Bonnie, my SCA bestie will be plenty busy with lots of fiber crafty things to do!

No comments: